HPM oversaw the successful design and construction of the first Airbus U.S. Manufacturing Facility and is the perfect partner for aviation and aerospace companies to help bring their facilities from concept to operational.
After a two-year hiatus, HPM was eager to be back at the 2022 Farnborough International Airshow (FIA) in Farnborough, United Kingdom, near London, from July 18-20, 2022 to network with the key players in the industry. HPM provides owners’ representation and a range of services for airlines, aircraft manufacturers, airports, maintenance-repair-overhaul (MRO) companies and space and defense firms, as well as local and state governments interested in attracting investment and attended FIA to position our company as a program management leader in the field.
HPM has attended for the better part of a decade and had a strong presence this year, with President Ryan Austin, Vice President of Business Development Jay Daily and Vice President of Marketing Andi Sims in attendance. At FIA, one of the largest aviation-focused events in the world, more than 80,000 trade visitors gather at the Farnborough Airport’s International Exhibition and Conference Centre for a week of inspiring networking and cutting-edge industry learning.
The biennial airshow features four indoor exhibition halls, where industry leaders, suppliers and consultants for the aviation, rotorcraft and aerospace industries showcase their products and capabilities to an expansive, international audience. The five-day event also includes static and aerial displays and the opportunity to network with municipal, state and national delegations from 100+ countries.
HPM looked to the future at this year’s FIA, after the challenges that the global pandemic caused over the past two years. The airshow highlighted six key themes at the event; Space, Defense, Sustainability, Innovation, Future Flight and Workforce. Below is a brief summary of the key learnings that HPM gained from each that we will use to further advance relationships with our business partners and to assist aerospace companies looking to establish or expand a presence in the U.S.
- Space: The commercialization and increasing accessibility of space travel and exploration and the production of international spaceport infrastructure was the focus of the space theme.
- Defense: The private sector and world governments came together to discuss the evolving defense landscape and modern, global security challenges.
- Sustainability: Climate change, the future of our planet and how the aerospace industry plays a pivotal role in each was the focus of the sustainability theme. Exhibitors also showcased their developments on the path to reaching Net Zero.
- Innovation: New technological advancements and approaches that will radically change the industry for years to come were on full display. Attendees discussed the biggest challenges and toughest questions facing aviation companies today.
- Future Flight: Dedicated exhibition areas, showcases and displays highlighted industry pioneers who are transforming the aviation industry through Advanced Air Mobility, zero emissions aircraft, and advancements in R&D and manufacturing.
- Workforce: As the industry’s workforce continues to evolve, FIA sought to inspire the future generation of aviation and aerospace professionals. The inaugural Pioneers of Tomorrow event, new automation technologies and inspiring leaders rounded out the Workforce theme.
HPM will have a presence at the Paris Air Show, held at Paris–Le Bourget Airport in France, on June 19-25, 2023. We hope to see you there!